Update: After the IRCTC new website launch, the IRCTC mobile train ticket booking process has changed. Please follow the link to check how to make a train ticket booking on mobile can be done now.
IRCTC mobile service is also available for train ticket booking. Now train tickets can be booked through IRCTC on a mobile website. Tickets can be booked while traveling through the website without waiting in queue for a long time. To book your train tickets, go to IRCTC mobile website www.irctc.co.in/mobile. There are other methods also through which train tickets can be booked on mobile. Like, NgPay Mobile App, Cleartrip Mobile App, IMPS (Interbank Mobile Payment Service), and Spice Safar Mobile App.
Steps for booking Railway Reserved from a browser-enabled mobile Phone
- Log in to the mobile website www.irctc.co.in/mobile with your existing IRCTC online user id and password.
- Click on Book Ticket and fill in details to plan my travel.
- Select the Indian railway train and continue the ticket booking.
- Use existing passenger lists or add passengers.
- Confirm IRCTC ticket booking details and pay through Credit/debit card to get a successful booking. Complete the payment process to get the booked IRCTC ticket.
Congratulations, you have successfully booked a ticket through IRCTC mobile website.
Buy train tickets on your mobile
IRCTC has tied up with ngpay to let you buy Indian Railways tickets from your mobile phone.
Just download ngpay for FREE on your handset and enjoy the convenience of booking your
rail rickets – anytime, anywhere.
What is ngpay?
ngpay is India's largest mall on mobile, where you can book all travel tickets, movie tickets,
recharge your mobile and DTH set, send gifts or do your shopping - easily and securely - from your handset.
What do I need to use ngpay?
- A MOBILE DEVICE - ngpay works on just about any mobile device, from basic feature phones to high-end smartphones and tablets.
- DATA CONNECTION - You need an active data connection (GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Wi-Fi) to use ngpay.
- FREE NGPAY APPLICATION - To download, go to www.ngpay.com from your mobile browser. You can also download ngpay from Google Play, iTunes Store, Blackberry App World, or the Nokia Ovi store. Operator charges may apply. Most operators offer a free GPRS plan with no monthly
- rentals where you only pay for what you use. You can complete a transaction by spending, at most, a few paise. Speak to your mobile operator for more details.
How safe is it?
Transacting on ngpay is as safe as an ATM transaction. ngpay provides 128-bit end-to-end financial grade security. It has been independently certified for financial transactions by leading security firms and financial institutions.
Every time you have to make a payment for a transaction, you will need to enter your unique 6-digit PIN. This PIN number is NOT stored on your handset, so hacking your stolen phone will not put you at any risk.
ngpay respects your privacy. We do not store your card/account information on our servers; neither do we share your personal information with any third party.