- Open the IRCTC website: The first step is to visit the official website of IRCTC. The website link is https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search.
- Click on the "Charts/Vacancies" button: On the home page, click on the "Charts/Vacancies" button in blue. It will redirect you to the reservation charts page.
- Enter Train Details: Enter your train name or train number, your journey date, and your boarding station.
- Click on "GET TRAIN CHART": After entering the required details, click the "GET TRAIN CHART" button in blue.
- View Reservation Chart: You will be presented with the chart of the IRCTC train with vacant seats available. The chart will also provide the details of which station the TTE is authorized to book on journey tickets.
How to Check Name in Train Chart Online: A Step-by-Step Guide
Train journeys are a popular mode of transportation in India, and millions of people travel by train daily. One of the important aspects of train travel is the availability of the train chart, which lists the names of all the passengers with a confirmed seat on the train. If you have booked a ticket and want to check if your name is on the train chart, follow these step-by-step guides online.
Step 1: Visit the Indian Railways website
The first step to checking your name in the train chart is to visit the official website of Indian Railways. You can type: www.indianrailways.gov.in into your web browser's address bar.
Step 2: Click on the 'Enquiry' option
Once you are on the Indian Railways website homepage, look for the 'Enquiry' option on the menu bar at the top of the page. Click on it to expand the menu and select the 'PNR Enquiry' option from the list.
Step 3: Enter your PNR number
On the 'PNR Enquiry' page, you will be asked to enter your PNR number, a 10-digit number printed on your train ticket. Enter your PNR number in the given box and click the 'Get Status' button.
Step 4: View your PNR status
After you click the 'Get Status' button, you will be redirected to a page displaying your PNR status. If your ticket is confirmed, it will show your coach and seat number. If your ticket is on the waiting list, it will show your current position in the queue.
Step 5: Check the train chart status
To check the train chart status, scroll down the page to the 'Charting Status' section. If the chart has been prepared, it will show 'Chart Prepared' along with the preparation time. If the chart has not been prepared yet, it will show 'Chart Not Prepared.'
Step 6: View your name in the train chart
If the chart has been prepared, you can check your name in the list of passengers on the chart. To do so, click on the 'Get Train Chart' button. This will open a new window that displays the list of all the passengers with confirmed seats on the train, along with their coach and seat numbers.
Step 7: Take a printout
Once you have checked your name on the train chart, you can take a printout of it for future reference. To do so, click the 'Print' button on the top right corner of the page.
Checking your name in the train chart is a simple process that can be done online through the official website of Indian Railways. Checking the chart status before boarding the train is advisable to avoid any confusion or inconvenience.
IRCTC Current Booking: How to Check IRCTC Current Reservation Availability
Indian Railways allow passengers to book tickets against vacant accommodation after charting. This is known as the current booking. However, there are specific guidelines that passengers must follow while booking current tickets.
- Types of Users: Train ticket booking and reservation are allowed for all users, including regular users and agents.
- E-Tickets: Only an E-Ticket can be booked in the current booking. The ticket will be sent to the passenger's email address and can be downloaded from the IRCTC website.
- Confirmed Tickets: Only confirmed tickets shall be booked during the current booking. Passengers cannot book waiting lists or RAC tickets under the current booking.
- Concessions: Only senior citizens and disabled persons are eligible for concession while booking current tickets.
- Booking Time Limit: Current booking is allowed after charting within the existing booking time limit specified by Indian Railways.
- Boarding Point: Passengers cannot change the boarding point for the current booking tickets.
- Name/Age/Gender Change: Name/age/gender change is not allowed for current booking tickets. The passenger must carry valid ID proof while traveling.
- Premium and Suvidha Trains: Booking in premium and Suvidha trains is allowed with the latest booking fare.
To book a current ticket, passengers can go to the reservation counter at the railway station or book it online through the IRCTC website. It is important to note that current booking is subject to availability, and passengers may not always get a ticket.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make IRCTC Current Booking
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) is the official website of Indian Railways for online ticket booking. Besides advance booking, IRCTC allows passengers to book train tickets on a current basis, which means booking tickets just before the journey starts. This article will guide you through the steps to make an IRCTC's current booking.
Step 1: Open IRCTC Website
Open the IRCTC website, www.irctc.co.in, in your web browser.
Step 2: Log in to IRCTC Account
If you already have an IRCTC account, log in with your username and password. If you don't have an account, create one by clicking the "Register" option.
Step 3: Click on "Chart/Vacancies"
Once you log in, click the "Chart/Vacancies" Button.
Step 4: Select the Train and Class
Select the train and class you want to travel in from the list of available trains. Check the availability of tickets and click on the "Book Now" option.
Step 5: Fill in Passenger Details
Fill in the passenger details such as name, age, gender, and berth preference.
Step 6: Confirm the Booking
Review all the details entered, and click the "Continue Booking" option. It will redirect you to the payment page.
Step 7: Make the Payment
Choose the mode of payment and complete the payment process.
Step 8: Print the Ticket
After the payment is successful, the ticket will be generated. Print the ticket and carry it with you during your journey.
Booking train tickets on a current basis through IRCTC is a straightforward process. Following the above steps, you can easily book your train ticket without any hassle. However, remember that current bookings are subject to availability, and the fare may vary based on the demand.
IRCTC Reservation chart FAQs
Q. What is the IRCTC's current reservation?
Q. What is UTS on the train ticket?
Q. What is chart vacancy?
Q. How to check the name in the train chart online?
- Visit the Indian Railways website.
- Click on the 'Enquiry' option.
- Enter your PNR number.
- View your PNR status.
- Check the train chart status.
- View your name in the train chart.
Q. How to check the chart of a train?
Q. Can we get a chart of trains online?
Q. At what time train chart is prepared?
Q. How can I view my train chart?
Q. How can I check my train seat vacancy?
Q. How to book a vacant seat after chart preparation?
Q. What is a vacant chart in the train?
Q. What is the process to check a train's IRCTC chart vacancy status?
Q. How can I use IRCTC online chart feature to plan their train travel?
Q. How can I check my passenger name on the train online?
- Visit the official website of the Indian Railways - www.irctc.co.in. Log in to your IRCTC account by entering your username and password.
- Go to the "Booked Tickets" section. Here, you will see a list of all your booked tickets. Select the ticket for which you want to check the passenger name.
- Click on the "Get Details" button next to the ticket. The passenger details, including the name, age, gender, and seat/berth number, will be displayed on the screen.