Increase IRCTC Ticket Booking Limit - Book More Than 4 Train Tickets in a Month

Now there is a limit to book IRCTC 6 tickets per month. Previously you can book 10 tickets per month on the Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited website. It means a user can make a railway ticket booking for only 6 tickets in a month. But it creates a problem for the people who frequently travel on the Indian railway. 6 tickets in a month mean only 3 to and fro journey or office trip tickets can be booked in a month through an IRCTC account.

But Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited has increased the monthly limit on tickets booked on the www.irctc.co.in the website from six to 12 tickets per month for users who verify their Aadhaar number account.

Steps to increase IRCTC 6 tickets per month limit

If you want to book more than 6 tickets per month, you have to update the Aadhaar number of any of the passengers in your www.irctc.co.in account. There are two ways to Update the Aadhar Card detail in your account.

Method #1 Aadhaar KYC Form

The steps to link your Aadhaar number with your IRCTC account through the "Aadhaar KYC" Form are:

  1. Open IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in. You can use the Green button above on the toolbar.
  2. Log in to your account.
  3. My Profile menu on railway ticket booking irctc 6 ticket per month
    My Profile Menu
  4. Go to "My Profile" on the menu bar.
  5. Aadhaar KYC form
  6. Click on "Aadhaar KYC" to open the "Aadhaar KYC" Form.
  7. Enter your Aadhar no.
  8. Click on the "Send OTP" button.
  9. An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the mobile number linked to the Aadhaar Card. Enter verification code and submit to complete the process.

Method #2 Master List

The steps to link your Aadhaar number with your IRCTC account through Master List are:

  1. Open IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in. You can use the Green button above on the toolbar.
  2. Log in to your account.
  3. Go to "My Profile" on the menu bar.
  4. Master List to update passenger Aadhaar number for railway ticket booking irctc 6 ticket per month
    Master List form
  5. Click on "Master List" to open the "Add / Modify Passengers in Master List" Form.
  6. Select any one passenger from the passenger list and select Aadhaar ID in the "ID Card Type" option.
  7. Enter the Aadhar no. of the passenger in the "ID Card Number" option.
  8. Click the Submit button if the passenger is new or Update if you updating the existing passenger details.

How many tickets can be booked in Tatkal quota online

In the IRCTC, 6 tickets per month can be reserved on a single ticket under the general quota, while Tatkal bookings allow four passengers per ticket. So you can book only 4 passengers on a Tatkal ticket.

Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd has taken this step after analyzing that only 10% of users are booking more than 6 tickets per month. The rest of 90% of users book six or less than 6 six tickets in a month. It also was done to restrict people who may be misusing the online ticket booking limit of ten tickets per month.
It is also done to encourage people to link their Aadhaar number to the IRCTC account. But still, users can continue to book up to 6 tickets a month without validating their Aadhaar. So keep making railway ticket booking.

*** Please confirm your subscription through a link sent on your email, otherwise you will not get the latest updates.

Must Read