IRCTC Tatkal booking process is very annoying. If you have ever booked a Tatkal ticket, you must know every minute is important while booking. Every second is important; therefore, you have to efficiently use every part of the time. We have laid out a guide to help you in the Tatkal booking of tickets, along with some useful tech tools and tips and tricks that will help you get a confirmed Tatkal ticket faster.
Fast Tatkal booking of train tickets
- The IRCTC Tatkal online booking window opens only a day in advance of your journey after 10 am for AC classes and after 11 am for none AC classes.
- A person can make a Tatkal booking of only two tickets on a user id, so for any more tickets, you will require to IRCTC login Tatkal account using other user ids.
- Now, you require to successfully log in to the IRCTC reservation process at exactly 10 a.m., but keep in mind that tens of thousands of other people are trying to log in to the site, so it needs to be speedy.
- Try to log in using multiple accounts on different browsers such as Mozilla, Chrome, Opera, or take a hand from your buddies ten minutes before. For this, make definite that your time is synced with the IRCTC server time so that there are no issues due to a difference in time as a delay in a minute means lesser chances of getting a ticket.
- Once successfully logged in, quickly book the tickets. You can use the browser's auto-fill features or add-on to quickly fill the fields on the ticket booking page. One autofill tool is provided for you in our toolbox on top of this website.
- While making payments for ticket booking, try to avoid major banks like SBI because most of the users use the same payment gateway for making payments, and thus chances of failed transactions increase. To make a successful payment try to use another bank and payment gateway. Try to use the IRCTC e-wallet.